Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Yuan (Cathy) Hung, D.D.S, Dip. ABOMS
Dr. Yuan (Cathy) Hung was born and raised in Taipei, the Capitol City of Taiwan. She briefly lived in Singapore for two years and completed high school in Singapore prior to coming to the United States at 18 years of age. She graduated from University of California at Berkeley with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Minor in Music. She then moved to New York City, attended four years of dental school and graduated from Columbia University with a D.D.S (Doctor of Dental Surgery) degree. After dental school she matched a four-year Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency training program at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center in the Bronx, a Level-I trauma center affiliated with Weill Medical College of Cornell University. Dr. Hung currently serves an Oral Surgery Attending Physician at Centrastate Medical Center, Freehold, New Jersey. She has been treating patients for twenty years.
Dr. Hung reads, speaks, and writes Mandarin Chinese (both Traditional and Simplified Chinese) fluently. She was a frequent published Chinese writer for magazines and newspapers in her earlier years. At her practice, she frequently does bilingual consultations in Mandarin Chinese and English, helping first and second generation Chinese immigrant families in the Greater Princeton area and more. Notably, Dr. Hung is the first bilingual Chinese female Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing in the State of New Jersey.
Dr. Hung is a classically-trained pianist and composer and works as an independent musician through CDbaby.com. She had released her first album “Watercolors” in December, 2013 and her second album “Bay Sound” in August 2014. Find her music on www.cdbaby.com/cd/cathyhung, as well as Amazon.com and iTunes, and her Facebook page “Cathy Hung’s Piano Music”.
Dr. Hung is a book author and speaker. Her upcoming book on cultural competency for healthcare professionals will be published Spring 2019. She is part of American Dental Association’s Institute for Diversity in Leadership program and is currently designing a resource handbook to encourage women to enter surgical field. She advocates women leadership and cultural competency for healthcare professionals. Listen to her podcast on ForbesBooksRadio, aired September 13, 2019.
In the upcoming months, Dr. Hung will be featured as an co-author of the book “Mommy Dentists in Business: Advice to My Younger Self”. This book will be available on Amazon.com.
Dr. Hung is married with two children and currently resides in Monroe Township. She enjoys traveling, reading, writing music and cooking. Her older son, Marco, is an Euphonium Baritone musician in the Honor Music Program of Westminster Conservatory of Music and a part of Honor Band of Central Jersey Music Educators Association. Her younger son, Massimo, is a trombone musician, an honor student, avid reader and a youth photographer.
Dr. Hung is a featured Wellness.com provider. Click Here to View My Wellness Profile
- Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Diplomate of American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Founder of Morning Glory Women Dentists Network of New Jersey
- Lifetime Achievement Award of World’s Top 100 Doctors, Global Summit Institute
- American Dental Association, Institute for Diversity in Leadership, Class 2019-2020
- Book Author, Advantage |Forbes books and speaker
- Member of International Congress of Implantologists
- Member of American Dental Society of Anesthesiologists
- Member of ADA
- Member of NJDA
- Member of Middlesex Dental Society
- Member of New Jersey Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Founding member of Mommy Dentists In Business