Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Author, Speaker and Certified Professional Life Coach
Dr. Yuan (Cathy) Hung, DDS, FAAOMS. MBA Candidate
Dr. Yuan (Cathy) Hung was born and raised in Taipei, the Capitol City of Taiwan. She briefly lived in Singapore for two years and completed high school in Singapore prior to coming to the United States at 18 years of age. She graduated from University of California at Berkeley with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Minor in Music. She then moved to New York City, attended four years of dental school and graduated from Columbia University with a D.D.S (Doctor of Dental Surgery) degree. After dental school she matched a four-year Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency training program at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center in the Bronx, a Level-I trauma center affiliated with Weill Medical College of Cornell University. Dr. Hung currently serves an Oral Surgery Attending Physician. She had served as an Assistant Chair of Department of Dentistry at Centrastate Medical Center, Freehold, New Jersey. She is also the incoming Vice President of Mercer Dental Society. She has been treating patients for twenty years.
Dr. Hung reads, speaks, and writes Mandarin Chinese (both Traditional and Simplified Chinese) fluently. She was a frequent published Chinese writer for magazines and newspapers in her earlier years. At her practice, she frequently does bilingual consultations in Mandarin Chinese and English, helping first and second generation Chinese immigrant families in the Greater Princeton area and more. Notably, Dr. Hung is the first bilingual Chinese female Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing in the State of New Jersey.
Dr. Hung is an author, speaker and coach on the subjects of diversity and inclusion. She writes for several professional journals and online blogs including American Dental Association’s New Dentist Now blog. Her book “Pulling Wisdom: filling the gaps in cross-cultural communications for healthcare professionals is currently listed under American Dental Association’s practice management book list.”
Dr. Hung is an Alumni of American Dental Association’s Institute for Diversity in Leadership program and is currently designing a resource handbook to encourage women to enter surgical field. She advocates women leadership and cultural competency for healthcare professionals. Listen to her podcast on ForbesBooksRadio, aired September 13, 2019. She is currently the Wellness Ambassador for Council on Dental Practice at American Dental Association.
Dr. Hung is a Certified Professional Life Coach, helping professional women and minorities professionals who struggle with confidence to gain perspectives, accelerate and excel in the professional world.
Always learning, Dr. Hung is currently pursuing an MBA with West Texas A&M University Paul and Virginia Engler College of Business to further her knowledge.
Dr. Hung is a classically-trained pianist and composer and works as an independent musician through CDbaby.com. She had released her first album “Watercolors” in December, 2013 and her second album “Bay Sound” in August 2014. Find her music on www.cdbaby.com/cd/cathyhung, as well as Amazon.com and iTunes, and her Facebook page “Cathy Hung’s Piano Music”.
Dr. Hung is married with two children and currently resides in Monroe Township. She enjoys traveling, reading, writing music and cooking. Both her two sons are low-brass musicians in high school.
She was recognized by Benco Dental’s Incisal Magazine to be “Women Who Inspire 2020”, and the most popular blogger of American Dental Association’s New Dentist Now Blog 2020. Outside, dentistry, she has been selected to be part of American Designer Rebecca Minkoff’s Female Founders Collective, a network for female entrepreneurs.
Dr. Hung is a featured Wellness.com provider. Click Here to View My Wellness Profile
- Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Diplomate of American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of International College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Founder of Morning Glory Women Dentists Network of New Jersey
- Lifetime Achievement Award of World’s Top 100 Doctors, Global Summit Institute
- American Dental Association, Institute for Diversity in Leadership, Class 2019-2020
- National speaker, author and coach in cultural competency for healthcare professionals
- Member of American Dental Society of Anesthesiologists
- Member of ADA
- Wellness Ambassador, Council on Dental Practice, American Dental Association
- Incoming Vice President of Mercer Dental Society
- Member of New Jersey Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of Rebecca Minkoff’s Female Founders Collective
- Member of Forbes Women Forum
- Certified Professional Life Coach (CPC/CLC) for professional women and/or minorities
Visit her website at http://www.drcathyhung.com to know more about her writing, speaking and coaching services.